Three Days of Clay – Don’t Miss It!
Registration for our annual 3-day polymer retreat continues, but don’t wait too long as the event is a mere 19 days from today!
You can register via our website: http://polymerclayart.org/events/?page=CiviCRM&q=civicrm%2Fevent%2Finfo&reset=1&id=102
Nancy will be demonstrating her Angel Decorations. They can be made from polymer clay canes and sheets or made from scrap clay and painted. Nancy will provide the templates, you provide the clay and creativity.
Nancy has used them as gift tags, ornaments, or gift card holders. Possibilities are almost endless.
Sign up to lead a demo or organize a creative challenge for the group. We’d like to have at least one demo per day.
Chain Reaction Retreat Challenge and Swap
We’re taking a hint from this swap featured on Polymer Clay Daily in 2017.
- Create a dozen items from polymer clay* with embedded ball chain
- Total length of finished piece cannot exceed 3 inches and there must be at least 1 inch of chain on either side of the polymer item.
- You must include one ball chain connector with your piece.
- Please attach a tag with your name to each item.
- Place all your items in a single lunch bag and give them to the Swapmonster by noon on Monday, September 2.
- The bags will be distributed by the end of the day, filled with swap goodies!
We will feature the finished items in an upcoming blog post.
*Please refrain from using religious or political imagery.
About Clay-bor Day
August 31 – September 2, 2019
9 AM – 6 PM Daily except Monday (end at 4 PM and tidy up and leave by 5 PM)
- Three days at LeMoyne Art Education Center to create and relax with friends
- Three days of complimentary coffee service
- Three days of catered lunches
- Demos, Swaps, and Creative Challenges
Sign up for snacks at the following link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20F0449AEA629A02-20191