Handout for First Meeting of 2022
Where & When
Saturday January 1
LeMoyne Art Education Building, 417 East Call Street @ 10 AM
Parking available in the areas next to and in front of the Education building (except the Teacher spot). We can park in the lot owned by Capitol City Bank. Drop off your gear and then move your car.
Zoom will open around 10:30 AM Eastern for chat, show & tell, etc.
Zoom info was sent to mailing list on December 30
Program will begin at approximately 11:15 AM Eastern
So that we can plan adequately, please RSVP for the meeting on this page.
- In-person attendees must be fully vaccinated. We won’t ask for proof, we’re going to trust you on this.
- We will be distanced, which may require setting up tables in other areas of Lemoyne. If we cannot distance appropriately, we will ask that masks be worn. If you have the sniffles, stay home please.
- Plan on bringing your own lunch for the meetings and keeping it at your desk in a lunch cooler or whatever.
- Coffee service will be available and the donation tin will be out.
- Please use the provided sanitizer before and after making your cup.
- Please discard the K-Cup after your coffee is made.
- Bring your own coffee mug.
- Volunteer to bring:
- bottled water for the coffee maker (1 gallon is plenty)
- Non-dairy creamer (flavored or not)
- Half & Half (pint)
December Program: Bridget Downey
Handout for Bridget’s demo:
Ikat is an ancient weaving technique that uses resist dyeing on the yarn, then weaves this yarn into simple to elaborate patterns. Some cloth examples are:
In polymer, we replicate this effect in canes. Here are a few from my stash:
All you will need for this are a couple of contrasting colors and your regular clay kit. If you have an extruder handy, it can be used for one technique, but is by no means essential.
That’s all it takes. See you bright and early next year! – Bridget
Chilly Clay Retreat Registration is Open
Registration is open for the 2022 Chilly Clay Retreat!
We will be meeting in person and virtually over the weekend of February 5 & 6. We are monitoring the current COVID-19 situation and may change to completely virtual meeting if conditions warrant.
We are lining up guest artists for demos and there is a field on the registration form for members to sign up for a demo.
Members should log in to the website to have their membership discount automatically applied. If your membership expires before February 5, 2022, you will not have an option for the 100% discount for current members.
Visit this page to login, create your account OR to reset your password if you cannot remember the account information. You will need the following information to create an account:
- You will need to use the email account we have on file for you
- You will need to create a strong password using letters, numbers and at least one symbol: @#$&^%?
- Once you create an account, it will need to be approved
- You will receive an email once the account is approved and then you can log in to the website.