Lifeboat Achievement Unlocked!
Our next meeting will be Saturday May 7 at LeMoyne and on Zoom.
LeMoyne will be opened between 930 – 10 AM. Zoom will start at 1030 AM for chit-chat and Show & Tell.
Program will start around 11-115 AM
Please RSVP so we know how many to expect in person or online.
Theresa Clasby will lead an interesting demo with Gelli Plate printing on baked polymer clay beads.
- Baked polymer clay beads (prefer light colored clay but whatever suits your fancy)
- acrylic paint/ink compatible with polymer clay
- gelli plate (I have the 4×6 size plate)
- stencils, stamps, templates (you can make your own with card stock and I cover mine in packing tape so they last longer), foam and foam stamps, found objects for texture, magazine clippings, matte medium, retarder (slow-dri).
- Everything is optional except for the cured beads, gelli plate and paints.
Links to Gelli Plate Vendors:
Also available online through a number of retailers (Amazon, Dick Blick). In addition to the Gelli brand, Amazon and Joann sell a similar product called Gel Press.
You can also get creative and make your own plates (it’s not hard, Barb’s done it before). You can get agar powder at Lynn’s Oriental Market on Capital Circle & Apalachee Parkway.
June – The Magical Polymer Mystery Tour Returns (Signup available soon)
July – Laura LePere
August – Cindy Suhrweir (tentative)
September – Claybor Day Retreat (planning committee needed)
August Meeting Host Needed
Barb will be out of town the weekend of our August meeting. We need someone to take charge of the meeting and/or run the Zoom. Contact Barb.
Guest Teacher Opportunity
Please check out the classes offered by Lynn Yuhr of Miami. Her son lives in Tallahassee now, so she’s very accessible as a teacher. Another option is Coloring Outside the Lines, but I think a number of our members may have already taken this class at Fandango or in Tarpon Springs.
Let Barb know what classes tickle your fancy.