LeMoyne Art Education has moved into their new building at 131 North Gadsden Street, and as such, our meetings will be taking place at the new location. As you can see from the map below, the entrance to the parking lot is the second right between North Meridian and North Gadsden. You will go past the brick buildings; the parking lot AND door to our meeting space is on the left. If the lot is full, You can park in the small lot between the 131 building and the 111 building OR use on-street parking on Gadsden. You can walk down the ramp on the south side of the building to access the lower level. There is no elevator in the building.
- Room opens around 10 AM on Saturday May 6
- Zoom will begin around 10:30 AM and the demo will start around 1130 AM
- Between the the Zoom Room opening and the demo, plan on sharing your recent work and discuss budget changes to accommodate the new rental costs. See budget download link below.
- We need to have the oven cooled off and put away by 2:30 PM and lock up by 3 PM
- Zoom info will be mailed to members on Friday afternoon; nonmembers can email me to attend up to two meetings prior to joining.
- Coffee service will be available. Barb will bring half & half.
- Bring you own coffee cup and/or cold drink cup (and its contents) plus lunch. There is a refrigerator available for our use.
- If possible, please RSVP so we know how many are attending.
Give me Closure with Cindy
This class will discuss different types of hand made closures for (primarily) necklaces. I will share some things I have learned along the way and demo closures so you can follow along. This will be an interactive class with questions and experimentation greatly encouraged.
- 1 or more sets of beads for a necklace. ( These will most likely a set or sets of polymer beads that you have yet to string. )
- Stringing material leather cord, vinyl cord, bead stringing wire.
- Polymer clay to match or contrast the colors in your bead set.
- Stamps texture tools and other items to decorate your closure if you choose.
- Something to drill holes, small circle cutter, other shape cutters.
- Cyanoacrylate glue (‘super glue’)
- Basic clay tools/kit