Supplies for Kelly Russell’s Demo
Below is a list of supplies if you want to work on the project that Kelly is demonstrating. Kelly says it is best to watch her process and take notes. She has prepared samples of each step and says that you shouldn’t follow along as you won’t have the amount of time needed to finish the project.
Her demo will be recorded and available to guild members only.
- Basic clay kit
- Baked clay veneers at a variety of thicknesses, including very thin
- Shape templates or similar stencils
- Kato PolyPaste
- Superglue (Loctite recommended, see picture below)
- Fine Tweezers
- Files – fine, round and half-round
- Bone folder or similar tool
- 4″ tiles to work on
- Scalpel is preferred, craft knife will work in a pinch
- Polymer canes and/or cabochons and/or molded elements
- Small round forms that are oven safe – 1/2″, 3/4″, 1″. Kelly uses glass punty rods from a local glassworker. If you’d like a set, they are $30 for three. Contact Kelly to purchase.
Below are samples of the supplies and a variety of veneers that Kelly uses for these beads.