I hope everyone had an enjoyable Memorial Day Weekend. The next meeting of the Tallahassee Polymer Clay Art Guild will be Saturday, June 4.
- Attend in person at LeMoyne Art Education Center, Studio A starting at 10:00 AM EDT
- Attend via Zoom starting at 10:30 AM EDT
Zoom invite will be sent to members on Friday, June 3. If you are not a member and would like to attend your first meeting free of charge, please email by Thursday, June 2 to be included in the newsletter.
- In-person attendees must be fully vaccinated. We won’t ask for proof, we’re going to trust you on this.
- We will be distanced, which may require setting up tables in other areas of LeMoyne. If we cannot distance appropriately, we will ask that masks be worn. If you have the sniffles, stay home please.
- Plan on bringing your own lunch for the meetings.
- Coffee service will be available and the donation tin will be out.
- Please use the provided sanitizer before and after making your cup.
- Please discard the K-Cup after your coffee is made.
- Bring your own coffee mug.
- Volunteer to bring:
- bottled water for the coffee maker (1/2 gallon is plenty)
- Non-dairy creamer (flavored or not)
- Half & Half (pint)
June Program: Passionate for Paper
Cindy will lead the program in June, demonstrating clever ways to incorporate origami and other fine papers into your polymer work. Below is the supplies list.
- Transparent Liquid polymer clay (any brand)
- Synthetic foam type cosmetic pads (these will be used instead of brushes)
- Origami paper (many varieties are available on Amazon, we will have a limited amount to share)
- Other thin papers for experimentation (not scrapbook paper)
- Scrap polymer clay
- Your preferred colors of clay to make coordinating beads or accents.
- Xacto knife
Nice to have:
- Cutters, templates, paper punches
- Fine scissors for paper cutting
- Clay Extruder
- Parchment paper
- Jewelry findings
- Very fine artist brushes
- Other colors of liquid polymer clay